PRIDE in Hillcrest
This 1-Hour walking tour of Hillcrest covers San Diego’s LGBTQ+ history with stories of some of its earliest gay bars, the hate crimes plaque, Harvey Milk Street, the Center, the Rainbow Flag and much more. The tour covers the people, places and events that made San Diego’s “gayborhood” the vibrant community it is today.
Learn about how and why the migration of gay bars from downtown began, how San Diego and Hillcrest attracted a large LGBTQ+ population, and how even the gay bars were once “closeted.”
San Diego LGBTQ+ History tour
San Diego, CA | Hillcrest
1 Hour | Approximately 1.1 mile
This tour is wheelchair accessible.
Public Group & Private Walking Tours Available
(Guests under the age of 13 are welcome to attend with parental guidance.)
Urban Mo’s Mural
3913 3rd Ave
San Diego, CA 92103
Do you offer Group Discounts?
When possible we do try to offer group discounts. Please contact us directly to inquire.
What is your rain policy?
The tour will go on in a light rain. We highly suggest you bring an umbrella or borrow a trash bag from a local business. (They make decent ponchos.) In the case of a downpour we will cancel. If this happens we will contact you and see if you would like to reschedule for a future date or if you prefer a refund. We will call you at least 2 hours before the event if it is cancelled due to the weather.
The FINE Print:
- This tour is wheelchair accessible.
- No food or drinks are served during the tour.
- All public tours are subject to a minimum of 4 total guests. (Your reservation does NOT have to be 4 guests. The total number of reservations for the tour does.)
- If the public tour minimum is not reached the tour will be cancelled and you will be given the option of rescheduling or a refund.
- All ticket sales are final.